Koç University, Department of Media and Visual Arts invites applications for full-time faculty positions of any rank (beginning September 2016). Areas of specialization are open, but candidates specializing in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply
- Media/communication studies, cultural studies, digital/social media
- Aesthetics, art theory, contemporary art, visual studies, visual culture
- Media production (e.g., film, video, photography, graphic design, sound)
The Department of Media and Visual Arts at Koç University, founded in 2010, offers an interdisciplinary curriculum that emphasizes communications theory, media/arts management, and production. Students enrolled at the Department of Media and Visual Arts were ranked at or above the 99th percentile of the Central University Placement Exams in Turkey. More information about the Department of Media and Visual Arts is available from http://mava.ku.edu.tr
Successful candidates will be expected to teach two courses per semester (two semesters per year) and is expected to have an active research agenda. At the time of employment, candidates should have a PhD.
Located in Istanbul, Turkey, Koc University is a highly reputable English-instruction university. Times Higher Education ranks Koç University as 31st in the world among Universities that are younger than 50 years old. More information about Koc University is available at http://www.ku.edu.tr/en.
Applicants can submit applications electronically to the e-mail address below, by December 04, 2015:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary statement of teaching
- Research statement
- Three letters of reference (The referees should directly e-mail a signed PDF copy of the reference letter to the e-mail address below. The referee should insert the following in the e-mail subject line: “Reference for <Applicant Name>, <Applicant Last Name>”
To Ms. Gizem Bekil
Subject line of application e-mail: “Position in Media and Visual Arts”
Applicants should also complete the candidate information form provided in the link below: