The Freedom-Not-Fear movement, a group of European citizens concerned with growing expansion of surveillance in the post 9/11 era of “war on terror” is taking their protest to the EU capital Brussels on September 17, 2011.
The movement draws attention to how the climate of fear instilled by the vivid imagery of planes crashing into the World Trade Center and the rhetoric of “War on Terror” has contributed to an expansion of authoritarian control at the expense of individual liberties and it is time for a change:
European policy making is affecting our every day lives and civil liberties more and more. The EU is increasingly imposing unnecessary and disproportionate governmental surveillance measures on us. We will not take this any longer. Let’s carry our protest into the capital of the EU!
We invite you to join us for a protest march “Freedom not Fear – Stop the surveillance mania!” in Brussels on Saturday, 17 September 2011.
The program of the protest: Saturday, 17.9.2011
- from 13h30: gathering together at place luxembourg
- from 14h00: starting manifestation at place luxembourg
- ca. 15h00: manifestation at place schuman
- ca. 16h30: going on at chapel madeleine (near grasmarkt)
- ca. 18h00: closing/ending the manifestation