Koç University, Department of Media and VisualArts, invites applications for part-time instructor and full-time faculty positions of any rank (beginning September 2013). At the time of employment, qualified full-time position candidates should have a PhD or equivalent degree, and part-time instructor candidates should have a minimum MFA or equivalent degree.
Areas of specialization are open, but candidates with applied and/or research experience in one of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Design (e.g., design theory, design history, information design, typography, design studio)
- Film production and film studies
- Animation (e.g., 2-D animation, 3-D animation, 3-D modeling)
- Communication and media studies (e.g., electronic and digital media, social media, communications policy, political communication, journalism, media and culture)
- Media and communications management (e.g., broadcasting, media planning, public relations)
The Department of Media and Visual Arts at Koc University, founded in 2010, offers an interdisciplinary curriculum that emphasizes communications theory, media/arts management, and production. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the department. He or she will be expected to teach two courses per semester and is expected to have an active research, publication, and/or art production agenda.
Located in Istanbul, Turkey, Koc University is a highly reputable foundation English-instruction university. More information about Koc University is available at www.ku.edu.tr. More information about the Department of Media and Visual Arts is available from mava.ku.edu.tr.
Interested applicants should submit applications electronically to the e-mail address below, by November 30, 2012:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary statement of teaching
- Research statement OR artist statement and samples of creative work
- Three letters of reference (The referees should directly e-mail a signed PDF copy of the reference letter to the e-mail address below. The referee should insert the following in the e-mail subject line: “Reference for <Applicant Name>,<Applicant Last Name>”
To Ms. Arzu Kırcal
Subject line of application e-mail: “Position in Media and Visual Arts”